Rules of Participation
- The race is open to all athletes of any nationality.
- All participants must be at least [11 years of age for the Team Relay Challenge or 15 years of age for the Half Marathon] on Race Day. All competitors must comply with age restrictions and entry requirements. Participants under specified minimum age requirements are not covered by our insurance and should not take part for their own safety.
- Runners compete in the race under their own responsibility and are strongly advised to have appropriate medical insurance which covers their participation.
- Only those who have officially registered can take part in the race. Runners without official running bibs will be directed off the course immediately.
- Roller-skates, inline skates, bikes, and non-exempt wheeled contraptions of any kind are not allowed on the course. If you are seen with any of these, you will be directed off of the route.
- If you wish to run with your baby or child (stroller/buggy suitable for running with is exempt from the previous prohibited wheeled items) you must start at the back of the runners to avoid injury and to prevent inhibiting other/faster runners. Babies and children under the age of 5 are exempt from registration and therefore prizes of any kind and should be accompanied at all times by a parent or guardian.
- Slower runners/walkers are asked to start near the end of the pack to avoid being crowded or bumped.
- Pets are forbidden on the course. No four-legged runners!
- Participants may not swap race numbers. Offenders will be disqualified from the race.
- All registered entrants must start in the correct seeded start area, identified by bib number and start gates. Starting in the wrong start area will be cause for disqualification.
- Please do not wear jewelry or carry precious items with you during the race. The organizers will not be held responsible for any lost valuables.
- Entry to the RAK Half Marathon Team Relay Challenge is open to any collective of 4 individuals who register. These could be from a company, school, college, university, club, organization or simply friends or colleagues etc – we don't mind who you represent when you run as long as it's legal and non-offensive to other runners. In order for a team to qualify for the the Inter-School Team Relay prize, all 4 team members must be registered students at the same school at the time of the race.
- All teams must have 4 (four) members who must all register as part of a team and must all be present on Race Day. Team member substitutions can ONLY be made online through 'managing' the original registration (accessed by the Team Captain who made the registration) and only up to the final close of registration / late registration online. Such substitutions are for data purposes only and if made after Race Packs have been shipped, no shirt replacements will be possible.
- Any action or inaction deemed as an infraction of the rules of entry / participation may lead to disqualification.
- Disqualified participants may still be awarded a finish time but will be ineligible for prizes/awards.
- The decision of the Race Director, Race Referees and/or the Organizing Committee in all matters is final.
- All participants acknowledge and accept the waiver on this page when entering the race.
"I, the undersigned, in consideration of and as a condition of acceptance of my entry in the footrace for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators hereby waive any claim, right of claim, cause of any action which I or they might have arising out of loss of my life or injury, damage or loss of any description whatsoever which I may suffer or sustain in the course or consequent upon my entry or participation in the event.
I know that running a road race is a potentially hazardous activity. I assume all risks associated with running in this event, including but not limited to falls, contact with other participants, the effects of weather, traffic and the conditions of the road, all such risks being known and appreciated by me.
This waiver, release and discharge shall be and operate separately in favor of all persons, corporations and bodies involved with or otherwise engaged in promoting or staging the event and the servants, agents, representatives and officers of any of them.
I satisfy all entry requirements as set out.
I attest that I am physically fit and medically able to run part or the entirety of the course without jeopardizing my health or life and consent to receive medical treatment that may be advisable in the event of illness or injuries suffered by me during this event.
I give free permission for the free use of my name, voice or picture in any broadcast, telecast, advertising promotion or other account of this event.
Should the event be cancelled for any reason whatsoever I understand that entry fees will not be refunded and that no liability of any kind will attach to any person, corporation or body involved in connection with the event.
I agree to abide by the conditions of the event as stated in the declaration above and upon literature and other material distributed in connection with the event.
Premier Sports reserves the right to reject any entry, and further reserves the right to change the details of the above referenced event without prior notice."